Sproutman's® Sprout Bag - Just Dip In Water, Hang It Up, & Watch 'em Grow!
Grow your sprouts using Sproutman®’s Sprout Bag! It’s easy to use, organic, resistant to mold, and incredibly resilient. Invented by Sproutman c. 1979.
- It’s so easy! Just Dip n’ Hang.
- Made from organic, untreated, chemical-free, natural hemp fiber.
- Watch the sprouts grow. Ready as soon as 4-5 days.
- Grows mung bean, broccoli, alfalfa, green pea, lentils, chick pea, adzuki, clover, radish, chives, and more!
- Expands or contracts according to how much you wish to grow.
- Stores sprouts. Breathable weave extends the life of produce.
- Durable. Lasts for over 1000 growing cycles.
- Naturally resistant to mold and mildew with perfect drainage and ideal aeration.
With Sproutman®’s Sprout Bag, you can grow pounds of delicious superfoods, right in your kitchen, all year round. Only One Week from Seed to Salad!®
Sproutman's® Sprout Bag makes sprouting easy.
- Just dip 'n hang! Dip the bag with sprouting seeds in water twice per day. Hang the bag on any hook or knob over your sink so it may drain. It takes less than a minute!
- Watch the seeds grow into sprouts!
- Ready for harvest in 3-5 days.
Sproutman's® Sprout Bag is designed specifically for growing sprouts. Naturally resistant to mold and mildew with perfect drainage and ideal aeration.
Sproutman's® Sprout Bag is made from sustainably-produced, untreated, chemical-free hemp fiber. It's easy to use, extremely-durable, and budget friendly––it will last for years so you can always grow a garden of beautiful, healthful sprouts and greens.
- The bag expands or contracts according to how much you wish to grow.
- One pound of beans can yield five pounds of bean sprouts!
- Made of 100% all-natural, organic hemp.
- The breathable weave protects and nurtures your sprouts as they grow.
- Grow nearly any variety of sprouts you like!
Sproutman with his original Sprout Bag, c. 1979.
"I invented the fabric sprout bag in 1979 because so many of my customers were having mold problems growing sprouts in traditional jars. Jars are great for canning foods, but they aren’t great for growing sprouts. There just isn’t enough air flow for the sprouts to drain properly. After years of experimenting with different fibers, weaves, and sizes, I perfected the Organic Hemp Sprout Bag you see today. Hemp resists mold and mildew, and is a renewable resource of exceptional versatility. It can be used to make paper, rope, bio-fuel and even food. And, hemp grown for fiber does not contain the psychotropic plant compound found in its famous sister plant – marijuana. Heck, back in the 1700’s many documents in the U.S. were written on paper made from hemp."
– Steve Meyerowitz, Sproutman.
Watch Sproutman demonstrate the Hemp Sprout Bag, at the New Life Expo in NYC.
Best seeds to grow in your Sproutman’s® Sprout Bag:
Mung beans, lentil, garbanzo, green pea, adzuki, soft white wheat, barley, rye, spelt, Kamut, quinoa, sesame, millet, broccoli, alfalfa, clover, radish, chives, arugula, cress and psyllium. See our complete selection of certified organic sprouting seeds here. After guiding tens of thousands of kitchen garden enthusiasts over the years and all over the world, we can tell you that jars are the #1 cause of sprouting problems and disappointment. Growing sprouts in jars, without circulation of air and water, can cause mold to grow on the seeds, sporadic growth, and low germination. You need a garden of greens, not a headache. Bag size is 7 x 11 inches (dry).
Easy to set up, I just had to figure out where to hang them as there are no pulls on my cupboards, Fresh food, fast and easy.
New at sprouting, so I tried a newly purchased Sproutman Organic Mung Seeds along with a Spout Bag and 2 quart wide mouth canning jars with Plastic & Stainless Steel Screen Lids. Soaked, watered, drained and days (7) on same scheduled. had much better results in Jars & lids, yielded much more sprouts, both Bag and Jars grow sprouts tasted great!
Waiting to see the results. The peas look good!
Excellent product very easy to use