Hearty, tall, and robust. One of our most popular flavors.
Sunflower is one of the most popular of all sprouts and micro-greens sold. It has a nutty flavor and delivers a semi-crunchy texture to your tongue. Nutritionally, sunflower sprouts are 4% protein – about 4 times higher than common lettuce. At 8-10 inches tall, it is a towering blossom of health.
Growing Sunflower Sprouting Seed
Best Sprouter: Freshlife Automatic Sprouter.
Next Best Sprouter: Our 3 Tier Wheatgrass Grower.
Ready in 8-10 days.
Seed Storage & Viability: Up to 1 year when stored in a glass jar in a cool, dark place. Refrigerate or freeze in a sealed freezer bag to extend storage life.
Sunflower Sprouting Seed is one of Sproutman’s Favorite Varieties! See All of Sproutman’s Favorites Here.
- A sample of what our seed packages look like
- Sample certificate of our salmonella & e-coli testing
- A page from Sproutman’s seed testing spreadsheet
- A photo comparison of good & bad sprouting seeds
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about our sprouting seeds…
- Description and Taste of These Sprouting Seeds.
- Some of the Benefits of Growing These Sprouts.
- See color photos of all sprouts! Get Sproutman’s Sprout Chart!
- Read how we test for Salmonella and E-Coli.
- What’s the Difference Between our Seeds and Health Food Store Seeds?
- Are our Seeds Safe from Salmonella Contamination?
- What is the Best Method for Storing Seeds?
“Steve, Thank you for sending me more than I had coming on my last shipment of sprouting seeds. I have been very pleased with the excellent service you have given me. You are a credit to the industry and I will be glad to do further business with you.” –Sincerely, Pat Secrist, Midland, MI