Whole green peas are not commonly found in health food stores and are thus best obtained from a sprouting company. Once you get the right beans, they will be easy to grow. Green peas are a good source of protein (about 9%) and have about 28% starch.
Depending on the season, Green Pea Sprouting Seed produces a mildly sweet and leafy sprout. Green Pea Sprouts need to be grown in either the Freshlife or the Sprout Bag. Green peas are ready to eat in 5 days when the tails are 1 inch or longer.
Growing Green Pea Sprouting Seed
Best Sprouter: Wheatgrass Grower, Freshlife Sprouter, Hemp Sprout Bag
Grow for 5 days in a Sprout Bag.
Storage & Viability: Up to 2 years when stored in a glass jar in a cool, dark place. Refrigerate or freeze in a sealed freezer bag to extend storage life.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about our sprouting seeds…
- Description and Taste of These Sprouting Seeds.
- Some of the Benefits of Growing These Sprouts.
- See color photos of all sprouts! Get Sproutman’s Sprout Chart!
- Read how we test for Salmonella and E-Coli.
- What’s the Difference Between our Seeds and Health Food Store Seeds?
- Are our Seeds Safe from Salmonella Contamination?
- What is the Best Method for Storing Seeds?
“Steve, Thank you for sending me more than I had coming on my last shipment of sprouting seeds. I have been very pleased with the excellent service you have given me. You are a credit to the industry and I will be glad to do further business with you.” –Sincerely, Pat Secrist, Midland, MI