Popular addition to salads, marinates, soups or sautées. Toss on salad to add crunchy texture.
French lentils can always be counted on for dependable germination. They are easy to grow and mature in 4-5 days. The tails should be at least 1 inch long for best digestibility. Longer is also very good, but once a small leaf develops, the taste changes. So tail length becomes a matter of personal preference. French lentil sprouts have more protein than tofu, almost no fat, and are not very starchy. Of all the “bean” sprouts, they are the easiest to digest. Enjoy them sprinkled on salads or throw them into your vegetable dish.
Growing French Lentil Sprouting Seed
Best Sprouter: Hemp Sprout Bag.
Ready in 5 days.
Seed Storage & Viability: Up to 2 years when stored in a glass jar in a cool, dark place. Refrigerate or freeze in a sealed freezer bag to extend storage life.
- A sample of what our seed packages look like
- Sample certificate of our salmonella & e-coli testing
- A page from Sproutman’s seed testing spreadsheet
- A photo comparison of good & bad sprouting seeds
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about our sprouting seeds…
- Description and Taste of These Sprouting Seeds.
- Some of the Benefits of Growing These Sprouts.
- See color photos of all sprouts! Get Sproutman’s Sprout Chart!
- Read how we test for Salmonella and E-Coli.
- What’s the Difference Between our Seeds and Health Food Store Seeds?
- Are our Seeds Safe from Salmonella Contamination?
- What is the Best Method for Storing Seeds?
“Steve, Thank you for sending me more than I had coming on my last shipment of sprouting seeds. I have been very pleased with the excellent service you have given me. You are a credit to the industry and I will be glad to do further business with you.” –Sincerely, Pat Secrist, Midland, MI