A tall aromatic herb with a pleasantly poignant flavor. 4-6 inches tall.
Fenugreek is popular in Indian and Pakistani cuisine. The yellow and amber color seeds are used as a spice. At 8 inches, fenugreek is the tallest of the baby green sprouts. It is a bitter herb so mix it with its cousins alfalfa and clover for better flavor. Fenugreek is one of the sprouts highest in phytoestrogens. Research has shown phytoestrogens to lessen the symptoms of PMS and menopause. More information can be found in Sprouts the Miracle Food.
Growing Fenugreek Sprouting Seed
Best Sprouter: Freshlife Automatic Sprouter.
Next Best Sprouter: Hemp Sprout Bag.
Ready in 7-9 days.
Seed Storage & Viability: Up to 3 years when stored in a glass jar in a cool, dark place. Refrigerate or freeze in a sealed freezer bag to extend storage life.
- A sample of what our seed packages look like
- Sample certificate of our salmonella & e-coli testing
- A page from Sproutman’s seed testing spreadsheet
- A photo comparison of good & bad sprouting seeds
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about our sprouting seeds…
- Description and Taste of These Sprouting Seeds.
- Some of the Benefits of Growing These Sprouts.
- See color photos of all sprouts! Get Sproutman’s Sprout Chart!
- Read how we test for Salmonella and E-Coli.
- What’s the Difference Between our Seeds and Health Food Store Seeds?
- Are our Seeds Safe from Salmonella Contamination?
- What is the Best Method for Storing Seeds?
“Steve, Thank you for sending me more than I had coming on my last shipment of sprouting seeds. I have been very pleased with the excellent service you have given me. You are a credit to the industry and I will be glad to do further business with you.” –Sincerely, Pat Secrist, Midland, MI