Every garlic lover loves chives. Chive sprouts taste just like mature chives with a garlicky flavor. In fact, the young baby chives are the healthiest form of the allium family. Chives are easy to digest, and high in all the phytochemicals that make the garlic family famous in folklore and herbal medicine. It’s great for your heart, boosts circulation, stimulates immune cell activity, and some say is as potent an antibiotic as penicillin. What’s more, the chlorophyll in the young greens does a good job of neutralizing the famous allium odor.
Ships in 4oz package.
Growing Chives Sprouting Seed
Best Sprouter: Freshlife Automatic Sprouter.
Next Best Sprouter: Our Hemp Sprout Bag.Ready in 12-14 days.
Seed Storage & Viability: Up to 1 year when stored in a glass jar in a cool, dark place. Refrigerate or freeze in a sealed freezer bag to extend storage life.
Chives Sprouting Seed is one of Sproutman’s Favorite Varieties! See All of Sproutman’s Favorites Here.
- A sample of what our seed packages look like
- Sample certificate of our salmonella & e-coli testing
- A page from Sproutman’s seed testing spreadsheet
- A photo comparison of good & bad sprouting seeds
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about our sprouting seeds…
- Description and Taste of These Sprouting Seeds.
- Some of the Benefits of Growing These Sprouts.
- See color photos of all sprouts! Get Sproutman’s Sprout Chart!
- Read how we test for Salmonella and E-Coli.
- What’s the Difference Between our Seeds and Health Food Store Seeds?
- Are our Seeds Safe from Salmonella Contamination?
- What is the Best Method for Storing Seeds?
“Steve, Thank you for sending me more than I had coming on my last shipment of sprouting seeds. I have been very pleased with the excellent service you have given me. You are a credit to the industry and I will be glad to do further business with you.” –Sincerely, Pat Secrist, Midland, MI