The famous mild flavored sprout with Cholesterol lowering abilities.
Alfalfa is the most widely sold leafy green sprout in the world. A true sprout celebrity to whom all other sprouts owe a debt of gratitude. Alfalfa gets its name from the Arabic alf-al-fa, which means “father of all foods” but is also known as Lucerne in parts of Europe and the British Commonwealth. Alfalfa has a mild, neutral flavor that makes a perfect lettuce substitute.
Growing Alfalfa Sprouting Seed
Best Sprouter: Freshlife Automatic Sprouter.
Next Best Sprouter: Hemp Sprout Bag.
Ready in 7 days.
Seed Storage & Viability: Up to 3 years when stored in a glass jar in a cool, dark place. Refrigerate or freeze in a sealed freezer bag to extend storage life.
Alfalfa Sprouting Seed is one of Sproutman’s Favorite Varieties! See All of Sproutman’s Favorites Here.
- A sample of what our seed packages look like
- Sample certificate of our salmonella & e-coli testing
- A page from Sproutman’s seed testing spreadsheet
- A photo comparison of good & bad sprouting seeds
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about our sprouting seeds…
- Description and Taste of These Sprouting Seeds.
- Some of the Benefits of Growing These Sprouts.
- See color photos of all sprouts! Get Sproutman’s Sprout Chart!
- Read how we test for Salmonella and E-Coli.
- What’s the Difference Between our Seeds and Health Food Store Seeds?
- Are our Seeds Safe from Salmonella Contamination?
- What is the Best Method for Storing Seeds?
“Steve, Thank you for sending me more than I had coming on my last shipment of sprouting seeds. I have been very pleased with the excellent service you have given me. You are a credit to the industry and I will be glad to do further business with you.” –Sincerely, Pat Secrist, Midland, MI