Arugula grows A wonderfully spicy sprout. If you like arugula, you’ll love these sprouts.
Arugula is a leafy green, gelatinous seed similar to chia. Forms a gel when watered. Grow using a terra cotta saucer or grow it on the surface of a flat sprout bag. Or mix arugula with alfalfa in a 1:5 ratio (1 Tsp arugula to 5 Tsp alfalfa) and grow using your standard alfalfa growing method. 6 days to maturity. For more on growing arugula and chia, read “Gelatinous Seeds” inSprouts the Miracle Food.
Growing Arugula Sprouting Seed
Best Sprouter: Clay saucer or mix 1:5 ratio in a Freshlife Automatic Sprouter.
Next Best Sprouter: Hemp Sprout Bag on the surface as described in Sprouts the Miracle Food
Ready in 6 days. Refrigerate once mature.
Seed Storage & Viability: Up to 2 years when stored in a glass jar in a cool, dark place. Refrigerate or freeze in a sealed freezer bag to extend storage life.
Arugula Sprouting Seed is one of Sproutman’s Favorite Varieties! See All of Sproutman’s Favorites Here.
Forms a gel when watered. Grow using a terra cotta saucer or on the surface of a flat sprout bag. Or mix arugula with alfalfa in a 1:5 ratio—1 Tsp Arugula to 5 Tsp Alfalfa and grow it using a vertical alfalfa growing method. 12 days to maturity. For more on growing Arugula and Chia, read “Gelatinous Seeds” in Sprouts the Miracle Food.
- A sample of what our seed packages look like
- Sample certificate of our salmonella & e-coli testing
- A page from Sproutman’s seed testing spreadsheet
- A photo comparison of good & bad sprouting seeds
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about our sprouting seeds…
- Description and Taste of These Sprouting Seeds.
- Some of the Benefits of Growing These Sprouts.
- See color photos of all sprouts! Get Sproutman’s Sprout Chart!
- Read how we test for Salmonella and E-Coli.
- What’s the Difference Between our Seeds and Health Food Store Seeds?
- Are our Seeds Safe from Salmonella Contamination?
- What is the Best Method for Storing Seeds?
“Steve, Thank you for sending me more than I had coming on my last shipment of sprouting seeds. I have been very pleased with the excellent service you have given me. You are a credit to the industry and I will be glad to do further business with you.” –Sincerely, Pat Secrist, Midland, MI