Delicate and succulent. A wonderful Springtime lettuce flavor with a 4 leaf clover look.
Buckwheat is actually not a wheat at all but an herb, which is good news to those of you with wheat allergies. No gluten to worry about at all. The flavor of buckwheat is arguably the best of all the sprouts. It has a succulent leafy taste like the most delicate Bibb or Boston lettuce. Buckwheat looks like a four leaf clover and is rich in most B-vitamins and is a good source of choline and inositol. It grows 8-10 inches tall and takes about 8-10 days to mature.
Growing Buckwheat Sprouting Seed
Best Sprouter: Freshlife Automatic Sprouter.
Next Best Sprouter: Our 3 Tier Wheatgrass Grower.
Ready in 10 days.
Seed Storage & Viability: Up to 2 years when stored in a glass jar in a cool, dark place. Refrigerate or freeze in a sealed freezer bag to extend storage life.
Buckwheat Sprouting Seed is one of Sproutman’s Favorite Varieties! See All of Sproutman’s Favorites Here.
- A sample of what our seed packages look like
- Sample certificate of our salmonella & e-coli testing
- A page from Sproutman’s seed testing spreadsheet
- A photo comparison of good & bad sprouting seeds
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about our sprouting seeds…
- Description and Taste of These Sprouting Seeds.
- Some of the Benefits of Growing These Sprouts.
- See color photos of all sprouts! Get Sproutman’s Sprout Chart!
- Read how we test for Salmonella and E-Coli.
- What’s the Difference Between our Seeds and Health Food Store Seeds?
- Are our Seeds Safe from Salmonella Contamination?
- What is the Best Method for Storing Seeds?
“Steve, Thank you for sending me more than I had coming on my last shipment of sprouting seeds. I have been very pleased with the excellent service you have given me. You are a credit to the industry and I will be glad to do further business with you.” –Sincerely, Pat Secrist, Midland, MI
Buckwheat & Pea Shoots