One of our most popular varieties. Most anti-cancer research of any variety.
There is more documented research on broccoli than any other sprout. This includes research on its anti-tumor properties with a wide range of cancers such as prostate, breast, bladder, stomach, and skin cancer. For those who consume these cruciferous sprouts, the high glucosinate content in broccoli converts upon digestion to sulforaphane, which induces “phase 2 enzymes” that significantly slow the production of human cancer cells. Broccoli sprouts grow 2-5 inches in height and mature in approximately 5-7 days.
Growing Broccoli Sprouting Seed
Best Sprouter: Freshlife Automatic Sprouter.
Next Best Sprouter: Hemp Sprout Bag.
Ready in 5-7 days.
Seed Storage & Viability: Up to 2 years when stored in a glass jar in a cool, dark place. Refrigerate or freeze in a sealed freezer bag to extend storage life.
Broccoli Sprouting Seed is one of Sproutman’s Favorite Varieties! See All of Sproutman’s Favorites Here
For more information see…
- A sample of what our seed packages look like
- Sample certificate of our salmonella & e-coli testing
- A page from Sproutman’s seed testing spreadsheet
- A photo comparison of good & bad sprouting seeds
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about our sprouting seeds…
- Description and Taste of These Sprouting Seeds.
- Some of the Benefits of Growing These Sprouts.
- See color photos of all sprouts! Get Sproutman’s Sprout Chart!
- Read how we test for Salmonella and E-Coli.
- What’s the Difference Between our Seeds and Health Food Store Seeds?
- Are our Seeds Safe from Salmonella Contamination?
- What is the Best Method for Storing Seeds?
“Steve, Thank you for sending me more than I had coming on my last shipment of sprouting seeds. I have been very pleased with the excellent service you have given me. You are a credit to the industry and I will be glad to do further business with you.” –Sincerely, Pat Secrist, Midland, MI