Although grass grows on every planet, wheatgrass is not just any grass seed. Even though you can buy wheat from the bulk bins of any health food store, the vast majority of that wheat is only good for making bread. Wheatgrass comes in several different varieties such as hard red, winter, spring, and soft white wheat. Unfortunately the variety name is not the most critical factor. Instead, we need to know if this wheat was grown or harvested in wet conditions and how perfectly it was dried. The only way to know is to test it. Our wheatgrass is grown and tested in the Sproutman kitchen. Sometimes those tests are repeated multiple times. This is your guarantee that you are getting the best wheatgrass seed available. Sproutman looks for rate of growth, height, color, whiteness of roots and of course the least amount of mold possible. This is your guarantee that you will grow good wheatgrass. Wheatgrass is perishable, so follow the storage instructions below.
Growing Certified Organic Wheatgrass Sprouting Seed
Best Sprouter: Our 3 Tier Wheatgrass Grower.
Next Best Sprouter: Freshlife Automatic Sprouter.
Ready in 12 days.
Seed Storage & Viability: Up to 1 year when stored in a glass jar in a cool, dark place. Refrigerate or freeze in a sealed freezer bag to extend storage life.
- A sample of what our seed packages look like
- Sample certificate of our salmonella & e-coli testing
- A page from Sproutman’s seed testing spreadsheet
- A photo comparison of good & bad sprouting seeds
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about our sprouting seeds…
- Description and Taste of These Sprouting Seeds.
- Some of the Benefits of Growing These Sprouts.
- See color photos of all sprouts! Get Sproutman’s Sprout Chart!
- Read how we test for Salmonella and E-Coli.
- What’s the Difference Between our Seeds and Health Food Store Seeds?
- Are our Seeds Safe from Salmonella Contamination?
- What is the Best Method for Storing Seeds?
“Steve, Thank you for sending me more than I had coming on my last shipment of sprouting seeds. I have been very pleased with the excellent service you have given me. You are a credit to the industry and I will be glad to do further business with you.” –Sincerely, Pat Secrist, Midland, MI.